Wednesday, March 22, 2006

TANYA KACH FOUND SAFE AFTER 10 YEARS

Miracles still happen, folks! This proves that, like Mr. Kach, we should never give up because people can still be found no matter how much time goes by.
Just imagine, I looked at Missing People board at Courttv.com, and right there, near the top, is "Tanya Kach, 14, missing 1996 - Found Safe". The post only had a little bit of the story, and when I went to the link I learned just how miraculous it was:



Girl Missing For 10 Years Shows Up Near Pittsburgh
Kach Was 14 When Last
Seen In McKeesport
POSTED: 11:39 am EST March 22, 2006
UPDATED: 5:24 pm
EST March 22, 2006
MCKEESPORT, Pa. -- McKeesport police said a woman who has
been missing for 10 years -- since she was 14 years old -- has been found safe.
Officials said Tanya Nicole Kach, now 24, was found Tuesday in
McKeesport.
Kach was reported missing on Feb. 10, 1996.
McKeesport police Officer
Joseph Pero said Kach was initially listed as a runaway, but her disappearance
turned into a missing person case.
Kach was reported to be in good condition
and is with family members in Pittsburgh.
Kach told Channel 11 news reporter
Karen Welles that she was held captive by a 37-year-old man.
The suspect
turned himself into police on Wednesday.
Kach said, "I thought I found
someone who loved me and he said he'd take care of me."
Kach said she was
held in a bedroom for 10 years. Kach insisted she wasn't physically or sexually
abused, but she said there was verbal and mental abuse.
"There were times
when I would threaten to leave and there were times he threatened to kill me,"
said Kach.
Kach said after four years of never leaving the bedroom, she was
finally allowed to go out once in a while, but she thinks she was brainwashed
into thinking her parents wouldn't want her back.
"I didn't want to be on
the streets because that's where I thought I'd be. I didn't think I had a home.
That was my home, that was my life," said Kach. "I didn't think anybody cared
because he would tell me, 'Your case is dead, it's cold.'"
Her father, Jerry
Kach, never gave up hope of finding her.
Jerry Kach said, "It was exactly 10
years, one month and 11 days and there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't
think of her."
Officials said the investigation is continuing, but would not
comment further.
Watch Channel 11 News and refresh this page for updates on
this story.
Story from http://www.wpxi.com/news/8186371/detail.html.
The story had a link to info about Tanya on the Charley Project, but I am not including it because I doubt that page will be up very long.
Another story I later found on From Whispers to Roars gives the details of how Tanya was found. (See the original at http://cbs3.com/pennsylvaniawire/PA--MissingGirlFound-dn/resources_news_html):
Suburban Pittsburgh woman found after running away 10 years ago
Wednesday
March 22, 2006
MCKEESPORT, Pa. (AP) A woman who has been missing for 10
years, since she was 14, was found safe after she revealed her true identity to
a convenience store owner, police said Wednesday.
Tanya Nicole Kach, now 24,
was found Tuesday in McKeesport, where she went missing on Feb. 10, 1996, city
Police Chief Joseph Pero said.
``She was initially listed as a runaway. It
turned from there into a missing person case,'' Pero said.
Joseph Sparico
said Kach had shopped at his convenience store for several months before she
told him Tuesday that her name wasn't Nikki Evans the name Sparico knew her by
and that she was unhappy with her living situation. Sparico's son is a retired
McKeesport police officer and recognized Kach's name.
Sparico notified
authorities, who reunited the girl with her family.
``She's in good
condition. She's with family members in the Pittsburgh area,'' Pero
said.
McKeesport and Allegheny County police were investigating the girl's
disappearance, but they didn't immediately offer other details.

Please, go back and look at the people I have posted on here, and at the many more on my index. At least half of them have not been missing as long as Tanya was, which means there is still hope! Also, please visit sites like the NCMEC, NCMA, and Charley Project (I have links posted to them) to see if there are missing people in your area that I have not listed.
Also, always try to observe their photos carefully, because the resemblance between Tanya and her age progression was not very obvious.

Photo of Tanya today from the WPXI article.
Photos from the Charley Project: Tanya around the time she disappeared; age progression that was done to show what she could look like today.

No comments: